Co-Chairs of Committee
Linda Greene and Teyonda Wertz
To complete a three to five year plan for the South Shore Community to: 1) improve the quality of life and increase economic opportunities for community residents through wealth building and job creation strategies and 2) enhance the overall economic well-being of the community through policies and programs designed to improve the local business climate and achieve sustainable growth within the larger regional economy.
Core Objectives and Priorities
- Increase the number of locally owned businesses and the vibrancy of existing businesses.
- Expand access to financing and lines of credits from major lending institutions for local businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Position local businesses to participate in regional development opportunities.
- Revitalize and strengthen commercial corridors; increase local ownership and control of properties.
- Stabilize, grow and expand nonprofit organizations and institutions
- Continue ongoing communication and media strategies to inform and change perceptions among current residents and the broader community.
- Promote coalition building and collaboration among residents, local organizations, and other key stakeholders.
- Prepare local labor force to access higher paying careers in growth industries such as advanced manufacturing, logistics, and transportation.
- Establish linkages to regional and citywide development planning efforts.
Standing Meeting Date:
Third Wednesday of every month from 6:30pm to 8:00pm